[gccsdk] Symlinking instead of copying?

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Feb 3 14:31:09 PST 2008

In message <4208816b4f.peter at chocky.org>

> John, do you think that create-srcdir, in the case of UnixLib sources at
> least, create symlinks to the SVNed source instead of copying the actual
> files.  This is just a simple flag change to the copy operation of
> course.
>
> This'd make it easier to make changes to the UnixLib sources instead of
> maintaining two copies and manually copying to check things.

he, it's a bit of a coincidence but I had such a change in one of my
snapshots and tried that out for some time (those where hardlinks btw).
The problem is that some editors I used overwrote the hardlink which made
it very confusing why some changes didn't end up at recipe/files/libunixlib.

I just happen to have reverted that local change after dismissing this as a
possible improvement.  Or do you know a way to overcome that problem ?