[gccsdk] GCC4.1.1 Prerelease 1 Make

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Fri Feb 8 11:24:31 PST 2008

Adam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try and use make with GCC4 (native) I get an error:
> "File 'make' not found"
>
> Is it possible to use makefiles with the current release of GCC4?

Of course :-)

But your misunderstanding comes from the fact that GNU make is
a separate project from GCC; we just bundled it in previous
releases.  And indeed, it's in the autobuilder, and needs to
be updated - see also the bug report from a few weeks ago.

In the meantime, I suggest digging out the version you have
in 3.4.6 and putting it into the path that's used for
binaries under the 4.1 version of !GCC.