[gccsdk] Environment handling bugs

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sat Feb 16 08:30:15 PST 2008

In message <d31a15724f.peter at chocky.org>

> On a slightly related note, I need file redirections to work over exec -
> if only for debugging purposes.  I'm referring to line 389 onwards of
> exec.c of course, where all the file handles get closed.
>
> In the past, I've locally modified this file.  I know this is tricky to
> resolve, for precisely the reasons in the comments; I'm tempted to add
> an application specific variable to leave them open in specific
> application cases.

I'm not sure I understand why the current implementation needs changing.
Is it about having a parent with redirected stdout/stderr calling a child
process where the redirection doesn't work anymore for the child process
because the redirection filehandle got closed ? Is that what's going wrong
and you want to see addressed ?