[gccsdk] build-it riscos failure on Cygwin

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:01:13 PST 2008

I've been trying to build the RISC OS distribution on
Cygwin and failing. I have successfully built the cross
compiler.

It is having a problem finding nm-new.exe. The end
of the build log is:

# Install the README
rm -f include/README
cp /home/alanb/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir/gcc/../fixincludes/README-fixinc include/README
chmod a+r include/README
echo timestamp> stmp-int-hdrs
creating as
echo timestamp> stamp-as
creating collect-ld
echo timestamp> stamp-collect-ld
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../binutils/nm-new.exe', needed by `stamp-nm'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/alanb/gccsdk/gcc4/builddir-riscos/gcc'
make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alanb/gccsdk/gcc4/builddir-riscos'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've checked the ../binutils directory and it has 'nm-new' without the
exe extention.

The makefile in buiddir-riscos/gcc has the following line:

ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET = ../binutils/nm-new.exe

Any ideas on what needs to be changed to get it to work?

As it takes ages to build, is there a simple Makefile modification or
rename I can do to continue with my current build attempt?

Regards,
Alan