[gccsdk] Firefox 2 release 3 error on startup

root mistymornings at casema.nl
Fri Feb 22 10:21:26 PST 2008

Hello,

Posting on the gcc list after reading the !Help file in FF2

> Following up the Firefox thread on here you will be interested to see
> Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> has just advised Release3 of Firefox2
> (2.0.0.12 bug fixes) for RISCOS today on gccsdk Mailing list at:-
>
> <http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Firefox>
>
> Really excellent bug fixes, shows great improvements in speed and stability
> - easily installed by copying over existing FF2,
[snip]
Exactly what steps did you follow? Which version was your
existing version?

I'm getting an error message, 'Internal Error: undefined instruction at
&0108BF14' on starting up Firefox 2.0.0.12.

This is either with the new version as standalone, or when copied over
the Christmas 2006 release version. I've removed all the extensions from
the existing version and then copied that to another location and copied
the 2.0.0.12 version over it. This has not made any difference and the
error persists.

RISC OS 5.13 ROL toolbox modules, 512MB RAM Geminus 1.31.
Constructive suggestions welcome.
 Cheers
  Stan

--