[gccsdk] Threads & Wimp_StartTask

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:10:22 PST 2008

Hi,

On comp.sys.acorn.programmer, John wrote:
> I haven't followed the rest of this thread but if you think there is
> still a problem with UnixLib's thread implementation, feel free to
> discuss this in the gccsdk mailing list.

Well, I think it's more likely that I'm doing something wrong. However,
I'm having a problem trying to use Wimp_StartTask in a wimp task which
has two threads.

If I call Wimp_StartTask before the second thread (e.g. the first one
explicitly created by me) is pthread_created then eveything is OK, but
if I call the SWI after that point the "child" task crashes - with
symptoms ranging from a complete freeze of the machine to data aborts.

I can put together some example code if it helps.

Thanks,
Adam

P.S. GCC 3.4.6, VRPC Adjust

--