[gccsdk] Shared library/Elf output from the autobuilder

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Feb 28 12:49:11 PST 2008

alan buckley wrote:
> I would like to start experimenting with ELF applications and
> shared libraries from the autobuilder.
>
> What do I need to change?
>
> I suspect it's the call to elf2aif in build-program and the
> disable-shared code in ro-config, but is there anything else?
>
> Should we add some setvars variables to allow the options
> to be controlled.
>
> e.g. something like:
>
> AB_AIF_OUTPUT to run elf2aif on the result (default to "yes" for now)
> AB_SHARED_LIB to create the shared library (default to "yes")

Too many new vars, and wrong defaults ;-)

The variable RO_NOSTATIC was created earlier, although I'm not sure if
it's actually used by any setvars now (ideally not), but this ensures
the correct switches for static/dynamic flags in ro-config.

Let's rename that to AB_NOSTATIC, which you would set in your
build-setvars file (the optional file in your build location for
autobuild stuff), and then also not run elf2aif when it it 'yes'

In any case, I would perhaps prefer we mostly resolve static
build issues under Cygwin before we move forward on this; otherwise
there are too many unknowns.