[gccsdk] Problem building the crosscompiler on Cygwin

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Oct 29 18:57:29 PDT 2008

Adam wrote:
> In message <BLU144-W4FD63A33FBA6EA5CCF736F0260 at phx.gbl>, alan buckley  wrote:

>>> Jan-Jaap, as defeatist as this sounds, I'd suggest that if you "know
>>> very little about unix and/or cygwin" there's little point in you
>>> trying to get GCCSDK 4.1 to work with Cygwin :(
>> I'm afraid I disagree with this.
>
> Good :)
>
> Sorry I'm a bit negative about it. I hope Jan-Jaap gets it all working.

Unfortunately, Jan-Jaap is one of two people whose ISP's STMP server
is complaining (hence the CCs) about reverse DNS and he wont' have
seen this discussion.  I don't know if that's because the PTR record I
asked for from my hosting provider hasn't propagated yet, or is somehow
incorrect (I'm not an expert on such things), or due some other aspect
of my setup.  I may have to see if I can use a smarthost instead,
although the exim documentation on this is a bit obtuse.