[gccsdk] Problem building the crosscompiler on Cygwin

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Thu Oct 30 13:54:47 PDT 2008

> In message <560380f54f.Jan-Jaap at iyonix.c2i.net>
>           Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:

> > Hello,

> > I know very little about unix and/or cygwin.

> > I was trying to build the crosscompiler on Cygwin but I
> > stranded running the create-srcdir script. I enclose the output
> > below.

> > Anyone any idea what is wrong? I think I followed the
> > instructions, but something must have gone wrong somewhere...
> > [...]
> > /usr/src/packages/autoconf/26/autoconf2.5-2.63-1/src/autoconf-2.63/lib/autoconf/

> If this means you're using autoconf v2.63, then it is more or
> less for sure your problem.  The GCC 4.1 build really needs
> autoconf v2.59 and no other version.

OK, thanks. I'm having another go. I've located an autoconf 2.59,
downloaded it, build it (had to do some "rebase" stuff to get that
working - no idea what it was about, but it seemed to have solved
the building problem of autoconf). It is testing itself now. There
were 4 tests that failed, but that was a known and irrelevant
problem, according to Google.

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap