[gccsdk] Firefox crash

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu Sep 4 02:39:45 PDT 2008

In message <55235.149.254.200.219.1220480615.squirrel at webmail2.orpheusnet.co.uk>
          "Dave Lawton" <lists at etcsystems.co.uk> wrote:

> Crashes as the first character is entered into the search box,
> this being the only page (first page) open.

That's the autocomplete search code which fails and this is dependent
on the previous searches you did as that kind of info is stored in your
Firefox profile.  I've been once in a similar position and tried to figure
out what exactly the issue was but suddenly I couldn't reproduce it anymore.

You can probably avoid the problem by letting Firefox create a new profile
but that will loose other saved data like your bookmark if you have made
those.