[gccsdk] Dynamic libraries vs pthreads

Lee Noar leenoar at sky.com
Tue Sep 9 13:45:16 PDT 2008

Peter Naulls wrote:
> Lee Noar wrote:
>>
>> I've just bought an Iyonix, so when I've got it set up properly, I'll
>> have a closer look at this and the shared library version of Firefox.

Just committed r3538 which fixes the QUIT signal in the program you
posted on 03/09/08. Turned out to be an "Alarm clock" signal which was
failing because it expected the address of the handler to be within
application space. Unfortunately, it probably won't fix anything in
Firefox because alarms are disabled in the desktop anyway.

> Here's something that everyone can try more easily - nspr and its
> tests:
>
>  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot co
> -rFIREFOX_2_0_0_17_RELEASE mozilla/nsprpub
>  cd mozilla/nsprpub
>
> Apply the patch from AB (make sure your SVN is up to date), e.g.:
>
> patch -p1 < /usr/src/gccsdk/autobuilder/browser/firefox2/nspr-diff.patch
>
> Now build:
>
>  /home/riscos/env/ro-config
>  /home/riscos/env/ro-make

I'm having trouble building this due to a missing ro-ar command. I've
updated from svn and reapplied install-env - is this a script I should
have in /home/riscos/env ?

Lee.