[gccsdk] Module creation without SCL

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu Jun 4 15:21:53 PDT 2009

In message <306A73118B8.00000078jjvdgeer at inbox.com>
          Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:

> > And a small gotcha warning for those svn updating and restarting their
> > build, it might break as the automake process is skipped if it already
> > has been done (and those results are written in the srcdir, not in the
> > build dir, hence the possible confusion), so do first a manual:
>
> >   $ cd riscos/cmunge
> >   $ autoreconf --force --install
>
> Sorry, but I still seem to have problems with this. This is what I get now:
>
> jjvdgeer at ubuntu:~/gccsdk/gcc4/riscos/cmunge$ autoreconf --force --install
> Makefile.am:3: shell svnversion ${srcdir}: non-POSIX variable name
> Makefile.am:3: (probably a GNU make extension)
> autoreconf2.50: automake failed with exit status: 1

v2.50 is really old.  For gcc building we need v2.59 and nothing else.  For
all the projects under riscos directory using autoconf, you can use more
recent versions.

There are several options:
1. You upgrade your autoconf.  E.g. using Ubuntu I have autoconf and
   autoconf2.59 packages installed (the former is v2.63).
   The autoconf2.59 code gets used in the recipe/script/* scripts
   as AUTOCONF and AUTOM4TE environment variables are defined.
   All other autoconf stuff uses your default installed autoconf
   version.
2. Or, there is perhaps a solution to do some magic escaping for the
   GCCSDK_REVERSION definition which is supported by v2.50 and still
   does what it is supposed to do, i.e. a string containing the
   output of a svnversion run in the source directory.
3. Or, I back out the GCCSDK_REVISION change.  That would be a pity.