[gccsdk] Module creation without SCL

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Thu Jun 4 16:11:47 PDT 2009

John Tytgat wrote:
> In message <306A73118B8.00000078jjvdgeer at inbox.com>
>           Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:
>
>>> And a small gotcha warning for those svn updating and restarting their
>>> build, it might break as the automake process is skipped if it already
>>> has been done (and those results are written in the srcdir, not in the
>>> build dir, hence the possible confusion), so do first a manual:
>>
>>>   $ cd riscos/cmunge
>>>   $ autoreconf --force --install
>>
>> Sorry, but I still seem to have problems with this. This is what I get
>> now:
>>
>> jjvdgeer at ubuntu:~/gccsdk/gcc4/riscos/cmunge$ autoreconf --force
>> --install
>> Makefile.am:3: shell svnversion ${srcdir}: non-POSIX variable name
>> Makefile.am:3: (probably a GNU make extension)
>> autoreconf2.50: automake failed with exit status: 1

> v2.50 is really old.  For gcc building we need v2.59 and nothing else.
> For
> all the projects under riscos directory using autoconf, you can use more
> recent versions.

Strange. I seem to have 2.13, 2.59 and 2.63 installed, but no 2.50 (assuming autoreconf and autoconf are the same thing). According to the package manager at least. The command autoconf2.50 seems to work, so it must be there.

> There are several options:
> 1. You upgrade your autoconf.  E.g. using Ubuntu I have autoconf and
>    autoconf2.59 packages installed (the former is v2.63).
>    The autoconf2.59 code gets used in the recipe/script/* scripts
>    as AUTOCONF and AUTOM4TE environment variables are defined.
>    All other autoconf stuff uses your default installed autoconf
>    version.

How do I change the default autoconf? It seems to be 2.13, as a 'autoconf --version' gives that version number. But why is 2.50 used, then?

> 2. Or, there is perhaps a solution to do some magic escaping for the
>    GCCSDK_REVERSION definition which is supported by v2.50 and still
>    does what it is supposed to do, i.e. a string containing the
>    output of a svnversion run in the source directory.
> 3. Or, I back out the GCCSDK_REVISION change.  That would be a pity.

Indeed, let's not go for that...

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap