[gccsdk] cmunge build fail

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:34:10 PDT 2009

When trying to build the riscos utilites on
Cygwin or Ubuntu I get a message:

Makefile.am:3: shell svnversion $(srcdir): non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:3 (probably a GNU make extension)
Makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found.:q:

I believe the problem is in setting the cmunge_CFLAGS variable
as if I replace the $(shell svnversion ${srcdir}) bit with
a hand coded version it worked.

Ubuntu is using GNU Make 3.81

Can the cmunge_CFLAGS be modified to use a syntax which will
work on my machines?

If so, can someone do it, or tell me what it can be replaced
with.

Thanks,
Alan