[gccsdk] Further ArcEm development (or not)

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Oct 6 20:26:31 PDT 2009

The ArcEm CVS has been static for quite some time.  The last post to the
ArcEm mailing list is more recent, but still over a year ago.  In any
case, Arculator (http://b-em.bbcmicro.com/arculator/) is probably
a superior emulator.   However, what I don't want to happen is
for it to be lost/forgotten just because there's no interest
right now.  I think we presently have a danger of that with
some RISC OS material.

What I'll likely do then is close down the Sourceforge page.  I'll
import the ArcEm CVS into riscos.info SVN for historic value
(if anyone really wants write access, just let me know a user
name/password).  It's possible I might make a final release, and bring
the HTML pages/ manual to riscos.info and link them into the wiki.  I'll
see also if I can get a mailing list snapshot.

I'm happy also to host binaries for the various ports too.   Let me
know if anyone has any opinions here.