[gccsdk] Further ArcEm development (or not)

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Oct 7 04:25:59 PDT 2009

Ian Jeffray wrote:
> Peter,

Please don't top-post.

> I do not think it is acceptable for you to close down an opensource
> project and take it on to your private subversion server.

riscos.info is not "private", any more than any other well-known
RISC OS site is.

   As a
> contributor, supporter and user of this project, I do not support
> this move.

Are you saying you are contributing to this further?   In particular,
the ArcEm SF page links to:

http://ian.jeffray.co.uk/gp2x/arcem001.zip

Where is this now?  Do you have plans to develop it further?

> Ultimately I can see you do whatever you wish to any project anyway.

Do you really think such a petty comment is conducive to constructive
conversation here?

I'm happy to consider options here, but do you really think having
ArcEm stagnate for all time on SF is the best bet?