[gccsdk] Further ArcEm development (or not)

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Wed Oct 7 04:31:28 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 10:30:26AM +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I don't see the point?  arcem.sf.net is the well-known place for it that
> has been referenced on the web, mailing lists, and Usenet over many
> years.  Sourceforge is unlikely to disappear without notice anytime
> soon;  it's not like a user's individual site mentioned above.  The
> mailing lists work fine and have a decent archive interface on
> mail-archive.com.  (sf.net's is awful.)  Why break all those ties?  I
> don't see any benefits.

The only likely problem is if SF cancels the project for being dormant. They
threatened to do that to a project I did, last update 2003, but the website
is still there (I didn't use their CVS).  It requires someone being alert
enough to notice SF have sent out a 'reply or we'll cancel in 30 days'
email, which might fall through the cracks.

Maybe keep a 'mirror' site on riscos.info but tell people the official site
is sf.net.  Then if SF breaks the files are still safe.

Theo