[gccsdk] Firefox threading changes

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Fri Sep 4 21:25:52 PDT 2009

I've made some changes to the event handling in ChoX11 so that it's more
thread driven than event/poll driven, so we don't have to keep
trying to see if RISC OS needs us to poll or collect any
events.

This is still experimental, and there are some locking issues
I need to resolve - don't try and open multiple window for
example.  But the result - well, I won't ruin the surprise.

This is just the binary itself, put it into the last 2.0.0.20
release:

http://www.riscos.info/downloads/wip/firefox/firefox-threaded.zip

If you've had problems with crashing related to auto-completion,
you may care to try this too.  It's possible that changes in
this version have fixed that, although that's circumstantial.