[gccsdk] Firefox threading changes

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Sep 5 09:13:16 PDT 2009

Paul Stewart wrote:
> In message <4AA1E850.9040705 at chocky.org>
>           Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>
>> I've made some changes to the event handling in ChoX11 so that it's more
>> thread driven than event/poll driven, so we don't have to keep
>> trying to see if RISC OS needs us to poll or collect any
>> events.
>
>> This is still experimental, and there are some locking issues
>> I need to resolve - don't try and open multiple window for
>> example.  But the result - well, I won't ruin the surprise.
>
> Peter, thanks for your continued efforts with Firefox.
>
> What I've discovered about this release is as follows: -

[snip]

As I said, it's very much experimental, so such reports
aren't that helpful. It's just meant to show what I'm
working on, which will certainly have known issues.

 > Firefox 2.0.0.20 locks up
 > Firefox 2.0.0.21 quits

There is no 2.0.0.21 - please check your version numbers.
Any new version will be 2.0.0.20-2 or something.  But
if it's really "quitting", then presumably you really
mean it's crashing, and there's a stderr present.  This
_might_ be useful to send to me, but then again it might
not, because of the above reasons.   Let's wait until
I make a new full release.