[gccsdk] Firefox (threaded2) locks up when viewing ppt attachment in Google mail

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Sep 7 11:20:12 PDT 2009

Paul Stewart wrote:
> Firefox locks up when viewing powerpoint attachment in Google mail.

I *presume* you mean the version I just posted, but it remains
imperative that I have exact details as part of the bug report.
I now see that you did actually put that in the subject, but it is good
practice to put the complete details in the body, since it often
happens that the subject can be obscured for whatever reason.

> Steps to reproduce problem
> Sign into Google mail
> Open a mail that contains a Powerpoint file
> Click View to view the file
> Firefox locks up at this point
> This results in resetting the whole system.

How do you know - did you try Alt-Break, or did
the mouse stop moving, etc?

If you want, you can send a PPT file to pnaulls at gmail.com,
so I can try and repeat this.

I recommend a review of this:

I know I keep going on about this, but unfortunately,
the quality of bug reports I do receive is not that great,
and time to clarify is much better spent on doing actual
development.  It perhaps wouldn't matter as much if there
were someone else to coordinate such matters, and act
as a filter, but that person unfortunately does not
exist.

Thanks.