[gccsdk] Development roadmap proposal

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Feb 2 18:48:42 PST 2010

In message <db6e8ad450.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com> you wrote:

> [...]
> I concluded this development of build redesign based on a Makefile.
>
> Before I merge my developers/joty/binutils-gcc-separation branch to trunk,
> I would like to hear some feedback of people having tried out this new
> build system and hopefully confirming this turns out to be easier and
> less prone to subtilities, like e.g. we got in
> <URL:http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/gcc/2009-November/004976.html>.

The developers/joty/binutils-gcc-separation branch has now been merged
to trunk.  For everyone updating their local copy, please read the README
(it should contain all necessary details) and you probably want to do
a full clean build.

> [...]
> I've also a pending set of changes for the binutils 2.17 -> 2.20 upgrade
> but those really need this new build system first.

And that also has been checked in (although I had to redo the work as
I managed to delete the work I did).

Enjoy,