[gccsdk] fontconfig

Alan Buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:28:05 PST 2010

I've just checked in the fontconfig library.

I've done some simple tests using the fc-list/fc-cache command
line programs and it seems to be working. Unfortunately I don't
know a lot about it on Unix to be sure of what else I need
to do to it if anything.

I'm now going to try to build something that uses it so I can
test it a bit better. If anyone else would like to try what I've
got so far that would be helpful.

To get some truetype fonts to use it with you need the UnixFont
package and at least one font to be installed (these are in the
Fonts section of the autobuilder website).

Fontconfig consists of three packages:
fontconfig-config - this is the base package with the default
configuration files.
fontconfig - this provides the fc-* utilities.
libfontconfig1-dev - The header and libraries.

As it's not quite ready for the packaging site yet, you will
need to extract the !UnixFC application from the packages
drop them on each other and double click to set it up.

Regards,
Alan