[gccsdk] Packaging gnu make

Alan Buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:39:09 PST 2010

I'd like to package the make utility on the autobuilder
in a separate standalone package if their are no objections.

To avoid a package name clash with the make on the riscpkg
site I propose to name the package gnumake. You will not
be able to install this package and the make package from
the riscpkg site as they will both provide the same make
command.

I would like to do this to allow this version of make to
be installed and upgraded independently of the gcc4
package.

I've been prompted to do this again as I found I hadn't
got make on my machine after uninstalling and reinstalling
gcc4.

Any comments? Does anyone have any objections to
me doing this?

Regards,
Alan