[gccsdk] mk project

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Tue May 4 04:44:39 PDT 2010

Hi,
    I have been introducing myself to GCC with a few 'easy' programs,
the first batch being 'in program' image processing and was ideal for
testing out gcc, make and ld. Hand built makefiles sort of helped to
piece together the requirements, and the image conversions worked as
expected.
I haven't read previously reported bugs yet so I'll refrain from
reporting problems that I found.

I'm now trying to get a mk, a similar program to make going, but have
found an error when it trys to startup a child shell for the
execution of the recipes.
John Tytgat has already explained that the starting of /bin/sh is
handled by unixlib so I am now going to tend to the the compiler
warning I received from the unix.c source before looking further.

gcc -Wall -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -O2 -g -c -I. -I../libutf -I../libfmt -I../libbio -I../libregexp -I. unix.c
unix.c: In function 'maketmp':
unix.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function 'mkstemp'

maketmp(int *pfd)
{
	static char temp[] = "/tmp/mkargXXXXXX";
	static char buf[100];
	int fd;

	strcpy(buf, temp);
297:	fd = mkstemp(buf);
	if(fd < 0)
		return 0;
	*pfd = fd;
	return buf;

If someone could make this right it would be better/faster than me
finding out how to do it.

The mk port in it's broken form plus a Mkfile for the
GCC.Examples.C++ is at http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/ron.may if
anyone wants to have a play. I also put
Set UnixEnv$mk$sfix <UnixEnv$gcc$sfix>
Set mk$heap ""