[gccsdk] ***Fatal error: Stack corruption detected***

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun May 23 11:20:02 PDT 2010

In message <Pine.WNT.4.62.1005172331001.1188 at c203>
          Jeffrey Lee <me at phlamethrower.co.uk> wrote:

> After spending a few hours looking at some code that works fine on Linux
> but fails with stack/memory corruption on RISC OS, I tracked the problem
> area down to a situation similar to that described in bug 174 [2]. At a
> guess I'd say that my issue is the same as the one that Jan is having
> with Vala, since it seems like a common enough code sequence for people
> to encounter.

I've checked in your fix as r4623 and hope this will solve Jan's problem
as well.  The only thing which bothers me a bit is that I've asked Jan to
rebuild UnixLib with __UNIXLIB_PARANOID and __UNIXLIB_EXTREMELY_PARANOID
set to 1 and to see if he got a different crash.  It didn't but for this
case you would otherwise have a nice assert going off.

Thanks,