[gccsdk] VFP in GCC 4.1.2

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Mon Nov 29 14:12:14 PST 2010

In message <Pine.WNT.4.62.1011292046350.3876 at c203>
          Jeffrey Lee <me at phlamethrower.co.uk> wrote:

> I was planning on using GCC 4.1.2 because I was under the impression that
> a stable 4.6 release was still a long way off.

Not sure whether you mean the official GCC 4.6.0 release or a GCCSDK
release based on GCC 4.6.x ;-)

> But after checking the GCC
> website I see that it's now only about a month away from release.

So you mean the official GCC 4.6.0 one.  IMHO, this is a bit irrelevant
as I'm sure any GCCSDK release based on GCC 4.6.x will be later.

> How stable is our 4.6 branch? I might have a go at working with that if
> there aren't any serious problems with it.

I consider it a proof of concept producing working binaries but no serious
testing has been done and there is still quite some development work to be
done.  But it won't prevent you from doing VFP experiments and work.
I'm sure there will be gotcha's and some nice hidden issues to be solved but
not necessary bigger ones than trying to get stable VFP code from GCC 4.1.2.