[gccsdk] Simple Autobuilder example

Frank de Bruijn gcc-sub at aconet.nl
Sun Sep 12 09:18:00 PDT 2010

In article <51558cb0c7chrisg at care4free.net>,
   Chris Gransden <chrisg at care4free.net> wrote:

> The 'Simple Autobuilder example' at
> http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Using_GCCSDK to build 'wget' should
> now be working again.

Unfortunately this still fails for me, just as I mentioned in my message
dated 01 Apr 2010: while trying to build dpkg.

> Also make sure you're using at least revision 4786 of the autobuilder
> otherwise wget fails with a memory exhausted error.

I started with a completely fresh download (svn checkout revision 4789)
and made everything rebuild from scratch. After rebuilding the compiler
and autobuilder I started the build of wget as mentioned on the
Using_GCCSDK page and this trudged along nicely until it aborted with
these messages:

 checking for arm-unknown-riscos-gcc... /home/riscos/gccsdk/env/arm-unknown-riscos-gcc
 checking whether the C compiler works... no
 configure: error: in `/home/riscos/gccsdk/build/dpkg/dpkg-1.15.8.4':
 See `config.log' for more details
 Autobuilder: Running make command: /home/riscos/gccsdk/env/ro-make
 Autobuilder: No known build method
 Package dpkg: ***Failure***
 Dependency "dpkg" failed for wget
 Build for package "wget" failed

I have placed the config.log and some of the configuration files in
http://www.aconet.org/temp/dpkg-fail.zip if anyone is interested. This
is just for your information. I currently don't have the time to try to
find out exactly what is wrong (I doubt I'd get any further than last
time anyway) and I don't expect anyone else to either.

Regards,
Frank