[gccsdk] Different behaviour between scl and unixlib

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Sat Sep 25 07:08:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

I was playing with an old program that I'd always compiled against
the SharedCLibrary with Norcroft, but now I tried unixlib and gcc.

The end result was that my program did not work as expected. I
wonder why. This program shows the problem:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
  char buffer[11];
  FILE* file = fopen("ram:$.input", "r");
  int read;
  char lastchar;

  buffer[10] = '\n';
  while ((read = fscanf(file, "%10[^\n]%c", buffer, &lastchar)) != EOF)
  {
    printf("read: %i: '%s', lastchar = %i\n", read, buffer, lastchar);
  }

  fclose (file);

  return 0;
}

If compiled with -mlibscl it reads all lines in ram:$.input, ten
chars at a time, until it encounters a LF. Empty lines are not
really a problem.

Compiled with unixlib, if it encounters an empty line, it does not
read anything at all and ends up in a never ending loop.

Is this correct?

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap