[gccsdk] tilda at start of filename

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Mar 22 14:49:10 PDT 2011

In message <cca3d2b751.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
          Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:

> I commented out the 'case of "~"' section in riscosify.c and this has
> cured the problem.
> If the same routine is used for testing the unix path to use ~
> to write to a /home/settings file there may be problems with other
> ports.
> Possibly the problem is that it is being used on RISCOS names.

I'm not sure if the '~' support is best done in __riscosify().  Perhaps
it should better be done for all arguments given to main(), which is
more in line what's being done in a POSIX environment (i.e. the ~
expansion happens at shell level, not runtime or OS level).

Again, I think you better log this using Bugzilla so this doesn't get
forgotten.