[gccsdk] polkit-policy-file-validate

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Tue Nov 15 02:31:39 PST 2011

In message <f7c5f23152.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
          Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:

> In message <4CC755EF.9000000 at maths.otago.ac.nz>
>           Chris Palmer <cpalmer at maths.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
<snip>
> > I'm looking into it now, but early indications are that the policykit
> > package has changed between 10.04 and 10.10 so that a command that
> > previously was available is no longer available. I've yet to determine
> > which package in the autobuilder requires this package - it's been a
> > while since I last looked at the autobuilder, so I don't have a
> > definitive answer for you yet, sorry.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris.
>
> I upgraded to 10.10 Ubuntu and think I have run into this same
> problem, I hadn't installed autobuilder stuff previously.
> I haven't updated GCCSDK for a while, I'll look into doing that,
> the config & make seem to be OK.
> A few other changes,  automake-1.7 now called automake1.7
> libglib2.0-dev was needed, there may be more yet.
>
> I didn't see any follow up to this (old) thread.

I went to my 9.04 Ubuntu gccsdk and got through the autbuilder
install OK except for minor name-changes.

I dont have a 10.04 at present but from the OP it may have been
OK also.

automake1.7       not    automake-1.7
dpkg-dev          not    dpkg-source
libglib2.0-dev    not    libglib1.2-dev
liborbit2-dev     not    liborbit-dev
subversion        not    svn

on trying out autobuild,    autoconf2.13 not found
then gperf not found
(installed each and continued)

I noted this early in the proceedings

no local build-setvars found using default build parameters

I read in one doc there is variable to set for the gccsdk/build
directory, Does anyone know the exact line?

Thanks,  Ron