[gccsdk] polkit-policy-file-validate

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Fri Nov 18 03:47:57 PST 2011

In message <51aaa93252.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>

> In message <9d3c7a3252.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
>           Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > I read in one doc there is variable to set for the gccsdk/build
> > directory, Does anyone know the exact line?
>
> I don't know what you're referring to.  Which bit of the doc ?

I haven't come across it again, but the default seems to be working.

I have noticed that the patches in the Autobuild directories seem
to be in line with stable (squeezy).
They may have been testing when the work was done, but testing was
stopping the fetching. After taking out the two references to
testing in the Autobuild/fetch-program things went OK.

I've lunched my 10.10 install by apt-get remove gnome-policy-kit etc
and couldn't login to the desktop at all, I tried reinstalling but it
messed up now, and I'll drag off my files and reinstall.

I am wondering how portable the GCCSDK directory would be as far as
copying it over to another debian based installation.
Obviously a lot of binaries needed would have to be renstalled on the
native Linux.
I think a reinstall from the CD could leave most things in place, but
I'd like to go back to 10.04 LTS or equivalent Mint. I might try
recovering with the earlier version but mixing versions has never
been good to me in the past.

There is a possibility that installing gccsdk/autobuilder /after/
the 10.10 or greater installation is done, but the unity desktop
that Ubuntu is pushing on new versions is a must to avoid anyway.

Thanks, Ron M