[gccsdk] OSLib cross-build fail

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 00:43:58 PST 2011

> On  Tue, 29 Nov 2011 03:11:53 +0000 John.Tytgat at aaug.net wrote:
>
> In message <20111129021719.GM27827 at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:

[snip first question - answered by John]

> > And another question... I'm building a tree that looks like:
> >
> > autobuilder/cryptrandom/cryptrandom: the source tree downloaded from CVS
> > autobuilder/cryptrandom/package: things to go in the RiscPkg archive, including
> > autobuilder/cryptrandom/package/RiscPkg
> > autobuilder/cryptrandom/package/System
> > (currently with a faked-up module as it won't build yet)
> >
> > My ab_package has:
> >
> > SYSTEM_DIR=System/Modules/310
> > mkdir -p $D/$SYSTEM_DIR
> > cp $S/CryptRand,ffa $D/$SYSTEM_DIR/
> > $AB_HOME/add-riscpkg -section System
> >
> > But I'm getting:
> > add-riscpkg: Setting filetypes...
> > add-riskpkg: Finished
> > Autobuilder: Packaging files
> > Autobuilder: Packaging as cryptrandom
> > /home/atm26/gccsdk/git/autobuilder/cryptrandom/package
> > Autobuilder: package directory missing cryptrandom
> >
> > I've added a pwd line to build-program thus:
> > echo "Autobuilder: Packaging as $package"
> > pwd
> > if [ -d "$package" ] ; then
> >
> > What's happening is it's failing the -d "$package" line because it's looking
> > for a directory autobuilder/cryptrandom/package/cryptrandom to zip up, which
> > doesn't exist. Am I doing something silly with my directories? I tried
> > changing the package name so it wasn't the same as the source tree name, but
> > that didn't make a difference.
>
> I'm not very familiar with the packaging bit of autobuilder. I hope
> someone else can anser this for you.

I'm not near my cross compiling machine to do a thorough check, but I think
the problem is that add-riscpkg requires the package to be in a subdirectory
of package using the package name. (FYI this is done as one set of source
can create several packages).

So you need to copy your file to $D/package/cryptrandom/System/Modules/310
and then everything should work.

Regards,
Alan