[gccsdk] AsAsm v2.00 testers needed

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Apr 22 05:34:23 PDT 2012

In message <f1f1b16a52.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com> you wrote:

> After 2 years of development and nearly 200 commits later, I believe AsAsm
> v2.00 is in a shape to let it be tested by more people and nearly ready for
> release.  AsAsm v2.00 is positioned as future replacement for ObjAsm.
>
> As most probably the biggest ObjAsm code base is RISC OS 5, I'm looking
> for someone who can (and wants to) build the RISC OS 5 code with AsAsm
> instead of ObjAsm and look for differences/bugs which shouldn't be there
> (there are binary differences which are perfectly ok like what ADRL is
> assembled for).
> [...]

Thanks to Jeffrey Lee and Andreas Walter to help me hammer out a couple of
bugs.  It also resulted in a few RISC OS 5 source code fixes and
improvements.

You can now use AsAsm v2.00 (in GCCSDK GCC 4.1.2 Release 1) to build
ROOL RISC OS 5 IOMD and IYONIX branches.  For building the OMAP3/4 branches,
we need to implement the currently missing VFP/NEON support.