[gccsdk] GCC Cross Compiler build failing at asasm

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Sat Dec 15 03:25:28 PST 2012

I'm trying to build the latest version of the cross-compiler, on an Ubuntu
10.04 system. I've managed to get GCC itself to build, but the process is
now sticking on asasm -- the documentation and Google don't seem to help
(beyond the latter pointing to manually invoking libtoolize, which doesn't
seem to help beyond producing similar mesages).

The output is as follows; any suggestions as to what to do next?

steve at castlerigg:~/GCCSDK/gcc4$ ./build-world
test -d buildstepsdir || mkdir buildstepsdir
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/steve/GCCSDK/gcc4'
cd /home/steve/GCCSDK/gcc4/riscos && ./build-it cross
+++ Building asasm
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
configure.ac:18: required file `../ltmain.sh' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [cross-riscostools-built] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/steve/GCCSDK/gcc4'
make: *** [getenv] Error 2

Looks like the build failed.  You might want to check out the README for
what to do now.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England             Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Show
                                             Saturday 20 April 2013