[gccsdk] sfix doesn't work in all situations

Lee Noar leenoar at sky.com
Thu Feb 23 01:56:26 PST 2012

On 22/02/12 13:16, Ron wrote:
> I think it has been written that there was a valid reason for having
> the sfix list of directories swapping once, but not so now. I have
> run into problems with not being be able to turn it off, and also
> when compiling it doesn't work for filenames with multiple slashes,
> once again it takes time to sort out.
>
> What I would like to do, is to remove the suffix swapping from the
> cross-compiler output, the Native compiler, and just use foo/c bar/h
> for compiling. I can set icons and a filetype for c, h and o so as to
> make it clear which is which. I have already altered the elf icon to
> distiguish it from an AIF icon to good effect.
>
> I haven't compiled a Native compiler with the Cross-compiler yet, but
> it would be nice to have the sfix removed first.
>
> Can someone tell me the steps I should take please?

I haven't tried this myself, but I think it's a case of:

1) Preventing the sfix variables from being created, ie, commenting them
out in !GCC.!Run.
2) Translating all file names that have been suffix swapped back to Unix
style, so h.header becomes header/h and o.object becomes object/o, etc.
This suffix swapping is done in the create-gcckit script so commenting
that out will prevent it from happening.

Once the cross compiler is built, you can build the native compiler by
doing:

make ronative

and then

./create-gcckit

to zip it all up for transfer to RISC OS.

Lee.