[gccsdk] 4.1.2-Rel1dev ronative bug

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Mon Feb 27 16:38:28 PST 2012

I haven't had success with compiling the native compiler with trunk 4.6
or 4.1.2Release1.
Starting with a Mint9(10.04) home empty of gccsdk I am doing

#!/bin/bash
cd ~/
sudo apt-get -y install subversion m4 libtool bison autogen texinfo help2man \
automake1.7 cvs dpkg-dev libglib2.0-dev liborbit2-dev rman autoconf2.13 \
gperf gettext intltool libpopt-dev policykit realpath doxygen
svn co svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/branches/release_4_1_2 gccsdk/gcc4
cd gccsdk/gcc4
./build-world
./build-world
make ronative
./create-gcckit

And copying the kit to a Moonfish mount for the ,xxx translations
rather that zipping, which requires autobuilder and doesn't seem to
improve things any.

I reboot after moving out my old !SharedLibs from Boot:Resources,
and Click on the new !SharedLibs and the new Sharedulib module that
is part of the new kit.

Set Dir to Examples.C and the result from
gcc helloworld.c

is

/tmp/cco1Zetb.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cco1Zetb.s:31: Fatal error: can't write /tmp/ccEefv84.o: Value too large for defined data type
/ADFS::HardDisc4.$/gcc412/gccsdk-gcc-core-bin-4.1.2-Rel1dev/!GCC/bin/as: BFD (GCCSDK GCC 4.1.2 Release 1 Development) 2.21 assertion fail /home/ron/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir/binutils/bfd/elf.c:2495
/tmp/cco1Zetb.s:31: Fatal error: can't close /tmp/ccEefv84.o: Value too large for defined data type
*

I think I have done everything to ensure a standard clean build here.
My earlier (download) of GCC4.1.2 Testing and Libs/modules works OK.

Thanks  Ron M.