[gccsdk] Checking in files with !SVN

W P Blatchley w.blatchley at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 11:35:16 PST 2012

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:00:01 +0100, <gcc-request at gccsdk.riscos.info> wrote:

>> Does this mean that no one who uses !SVN on RISC OS also uses the
>> traditional layout of directories for C coding?
>
>> You have (shock, horror  all .c and .h files in the same directory?

> Not at all! As you see in the quoted part of my message I left, I am
> creating a "c" directory and putting a textfile into that. However, I
> refer to that in the scn commandline only in the file.c-way. It
> understands where to find that (in c.file) and everything is OK.
> The checkout example also restores in "the RISC OS way".

Well, thank goodness. I was about to write to my MP!

Actually, that's exactly what I tried and thought I had described in my
original post on the matter. But perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have
been.

Anyway, I tried the same thing again, and it worked this time. My
checked-in file from RISC OS gets recogized as a .c file by WebSVN, so
syntax highlighting works properly, which is great.

Not sure why it didn't work the first time, and I managed to lose the
stack backtrace somewhere along the way. If it happens again, I'll post
here in the hope that someone might be able to suggest what exactly the
problem is.

Thanks again for your time and help - much appreciated.

Cheers,

WPB