[gccsdk] Porting asasm

Ben Avison bavison at riscosopen.org
Fri Oct 4 17:21:41 PDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:55:50 +0100, John Tytgat <John.Tytgat at aaug.net> wrote:
>>     ! 0, :STR::CC_ENCODING:"AL"
>>
>> should output "E0000000", but outputs "0000000E" instead.
>
> Interesting, that's not what I've understood from ARM's assembler manuals
> but rereading its description I see that's it was not so well specified.
> Fixed with r6390.

I've just built a new copy of asasm from SVN, and consequently only just
noticed there's a problem with this fix. Now it's outputting "0E000000" -
there's a 24 in the sources that should have been a 28. This was masked
in the project I was using it in by an unrelated bug that meant that the
code was never being executed, but actually it was causing my macro to
assemble an undefined instruction. Oh dear...

Ben