[gccsdk] Peppermint4 - Ubuntu waring

Ron beeb at woosh.co.nz
Fri Jan 3 13:02:40 PST 2014

In message <8b6a4bc453.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>

> In message <cc7de7c053.beeb at ron1954.woosh.co.nz>
>           Ron <beeb at woosh.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > I have been compiling various audio utilities and today I came across
> > an obstacle with #include <wchar.h> :924
> >
> > /* Define some macros helping to catch buffer overflows.  */
> > #if __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 0 && defined __extern_always_inline
> > # include <bits/wchar2.h>
> > #endif
> >
> > #ifdef __LDBL_COMPAT
> > # include <bits/wchar-ldbl.h>
> > #endif
> >
> > There is no <bits/wchar2.h> so though LibFLAC compiled when I changed
> > this to <bits/wchar.h> I'm assuming I probably should be undefining
> > __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL somewhere.
>
> We don't have support for _FORTIFY_SOURCE #define in UnixLib.  So the
> functions which are normally declared in bits/wchar2.h are not there.
> I've just fixed UnixLib wchar.h header for this problem.  Thanks for
> the report.
>
> Incidently, I've also upgraded trunk to use binutils 2.14 (i.e. last
> month's release, instead of version 2.13.2) and also included the build
> of libtool which will hopefully result in more reliable compiler builds.
>
> If you do a 'svn update' now, do 'make clean' first in order to do a full
> build as otherwise you won't have all those changes.
>
> John.

Thanks, so there wont be any special steps needed to turn off
_FORTIFY_SOURCE then.
My new PeppermintOS four has a newer svn and it appears that their is
now only a '.svn' in the top level directory. The only way I found to
make the transition was to do svn upgrade and also delete the .svn that
are in the subdirectories (which had became obstacles to the new one.)
I'm not sure which order or if it's important, I think the svn
information is renewed anyway and it is all in one .svn now.

Ron M.