[gccsdk] RePackaging using trunk GCC instead of 4.1.2

Alan Buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:54:53 PST 2014

Chris Gransden wrote on  Saturday, January 04, 2014 9:33 AM

> In article <DUB120-DS39D3ED1DE2725AE91848CF0CA0 at phx.gbl>,
>    Alan Buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I‘m in the process of modifying the autobuilder packaging to set
> > up the new packaging Components field.

> > Once I‘ve done this and tested it I intend to go through the
> > autobuilder programs/libraries that generate packages
> > and update them all (or as many as I can get to build).

> > I was wondering if this would be a good time to change my
> > machine to use the trunk version of the compiler (4.7?)
> > instead of the 4.1.2 version I currently use.

> There seems to be a problem with gcc 4.7.x and ARMv7 platforms. Quite
> often
> the executable generated won't run with alignment exceptions turned on.
> Using '-mno-unaligned-access' to build everything fixes the problem.

It seems there are a few potential problems so it may be
better to stick with GCC 4.1.2 after all.

Is there any compelling reason I should update to GCC 4.7?

If so, is there a way I can set the "-mno-unaligned-access" flag
in the autobuilder so I don't have to change every package?

Regards,
Alan