[gccsdk] RePackaging using trunk GCC instead of 4.1.2

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Mon Jan 6 11:42:03 PST 2014

In message <DUB120-DS25CCE559AA95FFE130FA9F0B70 at phx.gbl>
          "Alan Buckley" <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It seems there are a few potential problems so it may be
> better to stick with GCC 4.1.2 after all.

I disagree as...

> Is there any compelling reason I should update to GCC 4.7?

...only by using the compiler on real code, we're able to find problems
and fix them.  We really can use that kind of testing now by other people
and have problems reported.  Otherwise the codebase risks to remain as is.

But of course you have the choice to use whatever version you want.

> If so, is there a way I can set the "-mno-unaligned-access" flag
> in the autobuilder so I don't have to change every package?

I would prefer to hear some details on this issue before resorting to
workarounds.  Chris ?

John Tytgat, in his comfy chair at home
John.Tytgat at aaug.net