[gccsdk] GCC 4.7.4 Rel 1 Dev 2014-01-08: initial comments and feedback.

Duncan Moore duncan.moore at gmx.com
Wed Mar 5 08:07:03 PST 2014

On 05/03/2014 12:14, Lee Noar wrote:
> On 04/03/14 11:51, Duncan Moore wrote:
>> On 03/03/2014 20:39, Lee Noar wrote:
>>> The loop control instructions are missing as well as the function
>>> epilogue; the compiler knew it was creating an infinite loop.
>>>
>>> I assume you built the compiler yourself on the 8th January?
>> No. I'm using
>> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/testing/4.7.4/gccsdk-gcc-src-4.7.4-Rel1dev.tar.bz2.
> Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce your results. I've downloaded
> the same version of the compiler as you have above and that produces
> a working binary. I've also rebuilt GCCSDK from scratch with the latest
> source from upstream, and that gives the correct result.

Firstly, I gave you the wrong name of the file I downloaded - it was the
binary
http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/testing/4.7.4/gccsdk-gcc-bin-4.7.4-Rel1dev.zip
, not the source code. Sorry about that.

I've downloaded it twice, and it's identical. I've also used two
different un-zippers.

I'm also having trouble with C++. Here's a simple test case. The
*compiler* appears to get into an infinite loop and never produces any
output, not even stdout - or maybe it just takes an exceedingly long
time to compile. It worked on gcc 4.1.2, and works on Cywin gcc 4.8.2.
Can you reproduce this? NB for historical reasons, I think asinh is in
global scope, not std, even with C++11.

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
//using std::asinh;