[gccsdk] GCC SVN reorganisation

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 16:09:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 09:31:24PM +0100, John Tytgat wrote:
> You shouldn't need to do that.  A checkout of trunk/gcc4 should
> automatically pull asasm and its dependencies (decaof - only for testing,
> and elftoolchain) from the right place via the svn:externals:
>
> $ svn propget svn:externals svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/trunk/gcc4/riscos
> ^/trunk/tools/asasm asasm
>
> $ svn propget svn:externals svn://svn.riscos.info/gccsdk/trunk/tools/asasm
> ^/trunk/tools/decaof decaof
> ^/trunk/tools/elftoolchain/current-trunk elftoolchain
>
> Any idea why the svn:externals didn't work for you ?

Ah, thanks.  websvn doesn't show externals so I didn't notice those when
poking around.  It turns out that 'ignore externals' was ticked by default
on the checkout.

> The reason for reshuffling is the recognition that most things under
> riscos directory are standalone and not necessarily GCCSDK only tools.
> Never went further than moving out asasm but we could equally do
> the same for cmunge, drenderer, elf2aif, etc.
>
> > cd /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/gcc-head/gcc4/riscos && ./build-it -f cross
>
> Oh, is this an attempt for a ci build setup ? :-)

Maybe :)
http://ci.riscos.info/

Accounts available to those who want them.  It's an Atom N2800 dedicated
server with 500GB HDD so isn't quick, but the aim is to just let it
churn building autobuilder stuff, and then it's easier to keep packages
buildable and up to date.

Theo