[gccsdk] Autobuilder query

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:36:33 PST 2015

John Ballance wrote on Wednesday, December 02, 2015 8:21 PM:

> In a thing I'm working on has the main build dir in a subdir of its source
> tree.

> It does a make and make install  something like (cd $myblddir; $AB_MAKE)

> However, whilst it appears that ab_make() and ab_package() can be
> overridden
> in the setvars file, I don't seem to be able to override the
> ab_distclean() function?..

> Should I be able to, or, does the autobuilder build-program script need
> amending to permit this?

I've had a look at the code in build-program this weekend and there isn't an
ab_distclean
overidable function. Instead it does an eval $AB_DISTCLEAN so you would need
to set
the AB_DISTCLEAN variable to the command required to do the clean.

I'm not sure why the distclean didn't follow the same pattern as the others.

Would you be able to set a command in AB_DISTCLEAN for your project?
If not, then I will have a look at what's required to modify build-program
provide an ab_distclean override.

Regards,
Alan