[gccsdk] patchset to build !otterbrowser on gcc5 on linux

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Nov 1 04:46:03 PST 2015

On 10/31/2015 03:17 PM, John Ballance wrote:
> Enclosed patch set encapsulates all I have needed to do to build
> otterbrowser straight out of the gccsdk site on my Ubunti 15.10
> installation which uses gcc5:-
>
> create a folder gccsdk in your linux home directory. (ie ~/gccsdk)
>
> copy the zipcontents over it
>
> in ~/gccsdk type ./doall
>
> some hours later it'll complete (unless I have more stuff in my linux
> than is standard  -- inwhich case you may need to apt-get - or
> whatever - the missing tool)
>
> I'd appreciate it if anyone else could repeat this

I've repeated the GCCSDK build on Ubuntu 15.10.  The gcc/cp/cfns.gperf
patch is definitely needed and I committed that together with gperf
build tool requirement check.

However, the __FUNCTION__ vs __func__ isn't a problem at all. During the
build you get a lot of warnings that __FUNCTION__ is not ISO C and
that's because of the -Wpedantic compile option.  Those are warnings,
not errors.  So I don't see a reason for the __FUNCTION__ to __func__
rename.

I didn't followup on the toolchain-riscos.cmake nor autobuilder project
changes.  Could someone else have a loop at that ?