[gccsdk] GCC version

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 12:13:01 PST 2015

Theo Markettos, on 30 Nov, wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:28:49PM +0000, Gavin Wraith wrote:
> > When I do *gcc --version I get "gcc (GCCSDK GCC 4.7.4 Release 2) 4.7.4"
> > . But when I do *show GCC$Version I get "GCC$Version : 4.7.4 Release 1".
> > I think my !GCC.!Boot, which sets GCC$Version, is either too old or
> > wrong. Does anybody else have this?
>
> That's my fault for not knowing about that setting when I did the version
> bump.
>
> Does anything use GCC$Version?

Not in any substantial way but see HelpScan Lite at :-
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/index.html

Isn't it part of Castle's "Application System Variables"?
http://www.iyonix.com/32bit/help.shtml
I don't know whether that is still policy under ROOL having failed to find
any recent mention of it.

--
David Pitt