[gccsdk] wget 1.19.1 tries to write a logfile

Theo Markettos theo at markettos.org.uk
Wed Aug 30 08:46:48 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 06:23:02PM +0100, Kevin Wells wrote:
> Thanks for that, so I guess the fix wil have to come from the upstream?

Yes.  We don't generally have the manpower to curate patches that diverge
from upstream, apart from anything necessary to make it build on RISC OS.
We should be able, however, to turn around a new upstream build fairly
rapidly - so at such time that a new version is released we can produce a
new RISC OS build rapidly (though testing it is rather more difficult).

It is still worth commenting on upstream bug trackers - they won't know what
RISC OS is, but if the bug is not a RISC OS specific one then the bug report
is still relevant.  Though it seems there has been no activity on this one
since it was reported in June.

Theo