[gccsdk] wget 1.19.1 tries to write a logfile

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 01:05:39 PDT 2017

Kevin Wells, on 28 Aug, wrote:

> Hi
>
> When using wget 1.19.1 with the quiet option selected I get the
> following message:
>
> Redirecting output to 'wget-log.##'
>
> The ## is a number that increases each time.
>
> The file is a log of the connection details of wget.
>
> Previous versions did not display this.

Having done further tests I am seeing the apparently spurious
'wget-log' both with and without the '-q' flag. This is both with the
currency command line example given and a simple wget from my site.

*wget --version
GNU Wget 1.19.1 built on riscos.

*wget http://www.pittdj.co.uk/temp/temp.htm

Redirecting output to 'wget-log'.
*
*wget http://www.pittdj.co.uk/temp/temp.htm -q

Redirecting output to 'wget-log.1'.
*

The '-q' flag results in an empty 'wget-log' file.

Using wget 1.18, home built here with autobuilder revision 7118, the log
output defaults to the screen as expected with no redrection.

wget 1.19.1-3ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 17.10 (development branch) does not redirect
either.

FWIW HTH
--
David Pitt