[gccsdk] SimpleGit

Ron ronanon at zoho.com
Sat Nov 10 12:49:22 PST 2018

In article <alpine.WNT.2.00.1811101643001.8924 at Jeffrey-PC>,
   Jeffrey Lee <me at phlamethrower.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2018, Jeffrey Lee wrote:

> > This recipe builds libgit2 from the submodule that's imported by SimpleGit.
> > But I also have patches for building libgit2 from the upstream libgit2 git
> > repo, so I might experiment with them to produce a libgit2 recipe which
> > SimpleGit can then use instead.

> After a bit of trial and error I managed to get it building in this
> manner - however the upstream libgit2 seems to be broken on systems which
> don't support mmap.

> https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/4281

> I'm not planning on looking into this any time soon (I'll be sticking to
> the version with the integrated libgit2) - but I have attached the updated
> recipes, just in case anyone else finds them useful. There is a basic
> recipe for http-parser in there which might be useful for other projects.

Good to have examples of AB_GIT and cmake useage too.
A quick look inside the debian src for libgit2 -dev, namely unix/map.c
shows

#if !defined(GIT_WIN32) && !defined(NO_MMAP)

indicating at least for that file NO_MMAP can be defined.
could be worth exporting from the setvars file

Thanks for simplegit

Ron M