[gccsdk] SimpleGit (!Nettle & ssh keys)

Jeffrey Lee me at phlamethrower.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 11:17:27 PST 2018

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, Alan Williams wrote:

> It might be worthwhile storing the keys somewhere consistent so pre-shared
> keys stored for the git client can also be used by !nettle.  I used
> !Nettle's hot list 'command' field to pass in the key file name, and at
> present use Nettle choices directory to store sshid_dsa and sshid_dsa/pub

The openssh package that's currently on riscos.info tries to use keys from
a /ssh folder in Choices. I say "tries" because it looks like some
filename translation issues stop it from working properly.

This was on a system without UnixHome installed - possibly it works a bit
better if that's present (ISTR that an older version of ssh did use
UnixHome).

Regardless, Choices:/ssh seems like a reasonable place to me for storing
SSH keys.

Cheers,

- Jeffrey